We offer unique career opportunities to build the Asia’s fastest-growing financial platform
Site Reliability Engineer I Singapore
CompareAsiaGroup is the largest personal finance platform in Asia, helping more than 30mm people per year across 6 countries. We are a team of 200+ people in 6 countries aligned around a shared vision to empower people to build healthier financial lives. We do this by connecting people to the best content and products for their needs, life stage and risk profile. We are currently focused on the banking and insurance sectors in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand. Headquartered in Hong Kong, we have established relationships with more than 100 leading financial institutions across Asia.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Asia as we revolutionize the financial and insurance industries through technology.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, data integrity and overall system health.
- Perform L2 and L3 production support. Triaging application issues, quickly resolving system-wide outages, communicate updates, and execute root cause analysis to prevent future service disruptions.
- Define and enforce Service Level Management activities and SLAs.
- Improving the application monitoring to make sure we are able to detect and triage production issues within SLA.
- As owners of the space the team also drives stability by detecting issues and working with engineering teams to implement the improvements
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Interest in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a sense of ownership and drive
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to engage with the appropriate stakeholders and SMEs
- Ability to debug distributed systems and automate routine tasks
- Application monitoring experience (Prometheus, NewRelic, ELK, CloudWatch, StackDriver etc)
- Understanding of cloud computing platforms (AWS/GCP etc) – AWS highly preferred
- Experience in Unix
- Understanding of relational databases Oracle, Postgres, MySQL
- Work off-hours and weekends, as required by project work and systems maintenance.
Desired to have:
- Basic scripting skils (Bash, Python etc)
- Experience in Docker / Kubernetes / Istio
- Understanding of networking concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP
What can you expect from us?
- Join a fantastic team : Work with the top management of the company, with backgrounds from leading consulting, banking and start-up companies.
- Learn : Work with a team with a proven track-record of building successful internet companies.
- Have fun : A challenging, fun and international environment
- Grow : Great opportunities for further career advancements, either within the regional group or in one of our country teams