Product Designer I Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
CompareAsiaGroup is the leading online comparison platform for banking and insurance products in the Asia Pacific region. The Group helps people across Asia save money and make better choices about personal finance with comprehensive, free and independent online comparison tools for insurance, credit cards, personal loans and other financial products. In addition, financial institutions are able to lower customer acquisition costs and efficiently reach consumers through the internet. The Group was founded in 2014 in Hong Kong and currently employs over 200 financial experts and technologists. It has a presence in Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand.
CompareHero.my is committed to helping Malaysians find the right credit cards, personal loans, and other financial products with easy-to-use self-serve comparison tools. In a constantly changing financial landscape, CompareHero.my strives to provide the most up-to-date accurate data and personal finance guides. Our mission is not only to help Malaysians find the right financial products, but to empower everyone to make sound financial decisions. We provide free, quick and easy-to-use tools to help everyone understand consumer finance products in Malaysia.
For more details, visit our website at https://www.comparehero.my/
We are looking for an experienced Designer who is passionate about developing experiences based off of insights of real customer needs, has the craft to turn those insights in to intuitive and beautiful products (both as interactions as well as visuals) and inspire the organisation through creativity and collaboration.
You will report directly to the Managing Director.
- Lead country specific design projects, working with the product and technology teams to set and execute on the vision for user experience
- Engage with the regional team to clearly communicate and evangelize the product and design strategy
- Keep the customer at the heart of the conversation and the experience you design
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary teams, to find elegant and practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll need to balance short and longer term strategies to give the customer the experience they deserve
- Rapid interaction and prototyping is a must – knowing when to be pixel perfect with a hawk-eye for detail, and when to keep things low-fidelity is crucial to make the most of your time
- Challenge the status quo – we aren’t hiring to stay as we are, we want people that are here to shake things up and show us new ways of thinking
Skills and Requirements:
- You have 3+ years of related experience designing at consumer-focused companies or creative agencies
- You have a head for UX and a hand for design. You’ve worked on many consumer products, understand what it takes to create consumer-focused experiences
- You hate when you’re not actively designing – sketching, prototyping, white-boarding and collaborating.
- You’re great at communicating your ideas – a quick sketch, a concise deck, a framework. You have the ability to execute and deliver but also take those around you on the journey with you
- You aren’t afraid of feedback or constructive criticism – you know to get to the best outcome, you must test, trial and test again with an objective head on your shoulders
- You have an online portfolio for us to view – be it a website or a PDF -that shows you can do, and where possible how you do it. You can use project examples where possible, but individual contribution is what we care about
- An unwavering desire to grow and learn
What can you expect from us?
- Join a fantastic team : Work with the top management of the company, with backgrounds from leading consulting, banking and start-up companies.
- Learn : Work with a team with a proven track-record of building successful internet companies.
- Have fun : A challenging, fun and international environment
- Grow : Great opportunities for further career advancements, either within the regional group or in one of our country teams