We offer unique career opportunities to build the world’s fastest-growing financial platform
Legal Intern | Hong Kong
CompareAsiaGroup is Asia’s leading personal finance platform.
CompareAsiaGroup is the largest finance platform in Asia, helping more than 30mm people per year across 7 countries. We are a team of 150+ people in 7 countries aligned around a shared vision to empower people to build healthier financial lives. We do this by connecting people to the best content and products for their needs, life stage and risk profile. We are currently on the banking and insurance sectors in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand. HQ in Hong Kong, we have established relationships with more than 100 leading financial institutions across Asia.
In 2017, we closed a $50mm Series B, bringing our total fundraising to more than $90mm from investors including Goldman Sachs, the IFC (World Bank), Ace & Company, Alibaba & Jardine Pacific.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Asia as we revolutionize the financial industry technology.
In an exciting international and fast-paced work environment, you will be given challenging and diverse opportunities every day. You will work closely with the company’s legal counsel and management to support the regional legal function. You will get the opportunity to enhance your legal skills and learn how a technology company in the consumer financial space operates.
- Assisting the legal counsel with legal and compliance matters including:
- reviewing and drafting partner and affiliate contracts
- managing corporate and regulatory filings
- reviewing and monitoring regulatory regimes (e.g. data protection, financial and insurance regulation) and liaising with local regulators across the seven jurisdictions which CompareAsiaGroup operates in
- corporate governance and board matters – preparing minutes, reviewing company governance documents (shareholders agreement and articles of association)
- working with product and management teams to ensure that products are legally compliant and that they protect users’ rights
- ensuring partner relationships comply with local law, regulation and policies
- developing both internal and external policies (e.g. privacy/terms of service, data protection, anti-bribery & corruption, anti-money laundering) and compliance training
- Liaising with teams in each of the CompareAsiaGroup markets to help with ad hoc legal and compliance queries across a range of areas (e.g. employment/HR, data protection, consumer protection, financial regulation, corporate governance);
- Organizing legal documents and dealing with requests for information from service providers (banks, auditors), investors etc.
Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent academic qualifications (hold an undergraduate business or law degree (e.g. LLB, BCL, LLM) or be in the final stages of studies and have excellent results)
- Excellent communication and drafting skills
- Business level of fluency in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team setting and autonomously
- A pro-active, driven, highly responsible and problem-solving attitude
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Interest in technology/ fintech
- Available to work on a full-time basis for the period of the internship (3 – 6 months)
- Have the right to abode in Hong Kong for a minimum of 3 months
What can you expect from us?
- Join a fantastic team: Work with the top management of the company, with backgrounds from leading consulting, banking and start-up companies
- Learn: Work with a team with a proven track-record of building successful internet companies
- Have fun: A challenging, fun and international environment
- Grow: Opportunities for further career advancements, either within the regional group or in one of our country teams