We offer unique career opportunities to build the Asia’s fastest-growing financial platform
Legal Counsel – Hong Kong
Launched in 2014 and headquartered in Hong Kong, CompareAsiaGroup is Asia’s leading personal finance platform, reaching over 60 million users across six markets including Hong Kong (MoneyHero.com.hk), Malaysia (CompareHero.my), the Philippines (Moneymax.ph), Singapore (SingSaver.com.sg), Taiwan (Money101.com.tw) and Thailand (MoneyGuru.co.th). CompareAsiaGroup helps people make better financial choices.
We achieve this through comprehensive, independent online comparison and education of over 1,000 financial products (including credit cards, personal loans, and insurance products). This is delivered through established relationships with more than 70 leading financial institutions across Asia Pacific. CompareAsiaGroup’s 250+ professionals are committed to delivering on the Group’s mission to empower people to build healthier financial lives.
The Group has raised more than US$100 million from investors including IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund, Goldman Sachs Investment Partners VC and Growth Equity, Experian, Pacific Century Group, Jardines, SBI Group, ACE & Company, Stem Financial Route 66 Ventures and H&Q Utrust.Learn more about how CompareAsiaGroup empowers people across Asia to build healthier financial lives at http://www.compareasiagroup.com/.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Asia as we revolutionize the financial and insurance industries through technology
As Legal Counsel, reporting to the head of legal (General Counsel), you’ll work closely with all teams across CompareAsiaGroup’s business, including technology, marketing, product and finance/operations.
The products and services being built by CompareAsiaGroup often lead to legal questions and challenges which do not have a straightforward or previously-considered solution. This means that the Legal Team are often required to find creative and practical answers. If you like being challenged by new issues and working in a fast-paced environment, then this role could be for you.
- Supporting commercial, marketing, product, technology and finance/operations teams as they strive to build Asia’s leading personal financial management platform for banking & insurance – and mitigating risks across all areas of the business.
- Advising and educating teams across the business on data privacy and information security.
- Managing commercial agreements.
- Drafting and maintaining template agreements.
- Updating and managing policies.
- Providing support in corporate transactions (e.g. investments/fundraising).
- Instructing and managing external legal counsel across the jurisdictions in which CompareAsiaGroup operates.
- Contributing to strategies and finding/implementing tools/processes to make the legal function more efficient.
- Managing the intellectual property of the business (trademarks, IP agreements, patents etc.)
- Law / business degree and admitted to practice law.
- Two years (not significantly more) of post-qualification/admission experience, working in a law firm or an in-house legal team.
- Ability to :
- be flexible in a fast-paced environment with limited direction,
- balance competing priorities, and
- manage several time-sensitive projects at once.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to manage a high-volume and variety of projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate idiomatically in English.
- Ability to work independently without a lot of administrative support.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- A bias for action and taking ownership.
- Not mandatory but good to have – experience in advising technology/digital businesses in the financial and/or insurance sector.
Specific legal experience:
- Experience in negotiating, drafting and advising clients on technology-related commercial contracts, including multi-jurisdictional transactions.
- Experience of advising on data protection issues, marketing issues, consumer protection issues and information security issues.
- Broad experience of intellectual property law.
** Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
What can you expect from us?
- Join a fantastic team : Work with the top management of the company, with backgrounds from leading consulting, banking and start-up companies.
- Learn : Work with a team with a proven track-record of building successful internet companies.
- Have fun : A challenging, fun and international environment
- Grow : Great opportunities for further career advancements, either within the regional group or in one of our country teams
Interested applicants may send in their CV to email@example.com