We offer unique career opportunities to build the world’s fastest-growing financial platform
Head of Applications Engineering | Singapore
CompareAsiaGroup is Asia’s leading financial management platform for banking & insurance.
CompareAsiaGroup helps people across Asia save time and make better choices with comprehensive, free and independent online comparison tools for personal loans, credit cards, insurance and home services. Headquartered in Hong Kong, CompareAsiaGroup is active in seven Asian markets including Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand. The Group has established relationships with over 100 leading financial institutions and employs more than 200 people. CompareAsiaGroup has raised more than USD 90 million from leading investors including IFC (part of the World Bank Group), Goldman Sachs, Alibaba, SBI Group, ACE & Company, and H&Q Asia Pacific.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Asia as we revolutionize the financial and insurance industries through technology.
In an exciting, international and fast-paced work environment, you will be given challenging and diverse opportunities every day. You will report to the CTO and will collaborate on a new, high callibre development team responsible for all core technology build out (all stack tiers) for the CompareAsia platform to be deployed in the markets across SE Asia.
- Lead execution on the implementation of all core tech
- Share responsibility for recruiting and managing all core engineering staff as well as managing all external vendor relationships
- Collaborate on all key architecture decisions
- Engage with business stakeholders to ensure relevance of an evolving technology roadmap
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or related)
- Broad range of exposure to modern persistence tech (relational, nosql, distributed cache)
- Experienced in modern cloud stacks (aws, azure…), container tech (docker, kubernetes) & devops
- Business level English fluency
- Experience managing and growing 5+ member engineering teams
- Collaborative by nature and outcome focused
- Experienced in developing & owning consumer facing ecommerce tech (web / mobile web / app)
- Passionate about experimenting with technology and honoring their coding craft
What can you expect from us?
- Join a fantastic team: Work with the top management of the company, with backgrounds from leading consulting, banking and start-up companies (Riot Games, Google, Carousell, Grab, HSBC, Standard Chartered)
- Learn: Work with a team with a proven track-record of building successful internet companies
- Have fun: A challenging, fun and international environment
- Grow: Opportunities for further career advancements, either within the regional group or in one of our country teams
Interested parties, please submit your application to email@example.com