We offer unique career opportunities to build the world’s fastest-growing financial platform
Head of Applications Engineering | Singapore
CompareAsiaGroup is the largest personal finance platform in Asia, helping more than 30mm people per year across 6 countries. We are a team of 200+ people in 6 countries aligned around a shared vision to empower people to build healthier financial lives. We do this by connecting people to the best content and products for their needs, life stage and risk profile. We are currently focused on the banking and insurance sectors in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand. Headquartered in Hong Kong, we have established relationships with more than 100 leading financial institutions across Asia.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Asia as we revolutionize the financial and insurance industries through technology.
In an exciting, international and fast-paced work environment, you will be given challenging and diverse opportunities every day. You will report to the CTO and will collaborate on a new, high caliber development team responsible for all core technology build out (all stack tiers) for the CompareAsia platform to be deployed in the markets across SE Asia.
- Lead execution on the implementation of all core tech
- Share responsibility for recruiting and managing all core engineering staff as well as managing all external vendor relationships
- Collaborate on all key architecture decisions
- Engage with business stakeholders to ensure relevance of an evolving technology roadmap
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or related)
- Broad range of exposure to modern persistence tech (relational, nosql, distributed cache)
- Experienced in modern cloud stacks (aws, azure…), container tech (docker, kubernetes) & devops
- Business level English fluency
- Experience managing and growing 5+ member engineering teams
- Collaborative by nature and outcome focused
- Experienced in developing & owning consumer facing ecommerce tech (web / mobile web / app)
- Passionate about experimenting with technology and honoring their coding craft
What can you expect from us?
- Join a fantastic team: Work with the top management of the company, with backgrounds from leading consulting, banking and start-up companies (Riot Games, Google, Carousell, Grab, HSBC, Standard Chartered)
- Learn: Work with a team with a proven track-record of building successful internet companies
- Have fun: A challenging, fun and international environment
- Grow: Opportunities for further career advancements, either within the regional group or in one of our country teams