We offer unique career opportunities to build the Asia’s fastest-growing financial platform
Head of Content
The key objective of this role is to establish SingSaver as the leading finance content marketing platform in Singapore. This role will require you to be an expert in all things content related and excel in channel optimisation, brand consistency, analytics and meaningful measurement. The position collaborates across all departments, including commercial, customer experience, product and the broader marketing team..
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimised for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile and video. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the enterprise.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- Driving unpaid traffic and building out a plan that can monetize this traffic.
- Overseeing the development of a content calendar across all owned channels.
- Managing the content team, including writers, a content strategist, video lead and designer; being an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Integration of content activities within marketing campaigns.
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Ensuring data is thoroughly analysed and recommendations are made based on those results. Working with content owners to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
- Establishing a workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. Plus working with technical team to optimise the CMS and page layouts.
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
- Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
- 8+ years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience in finance, banking, fintech or personal finance industries
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics. Crisis communications experience a plus.
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English language.
- Training as a print or broadcast journalist and has a “nose” for the story. Training in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- A passion for new technology tools (aka, using the tools you preach about) and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach. Social DNA a plus!
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Familiarity with principles of marketing (and the ability to adapt or ignore them as dictated by data).
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Google Analytics), social media marketing applications and social media monitoring.
- Experience creating a resource or library of content organised indicating SEO and version control.
- Be patient, empathetic, and customer-obsessed: We’re happy only when our customers are happy.
- A relentless sense of responsibility and ownership in problem-solving.
- The ability to adapt quickly to the fast-paced start-up environment, to process new information on the go and translate that into customer-friendly language
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and adoption
- Incredible people skills.
- Team management experience, including the ability to lead and inspire a large, high performing team.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns. Ability to work in a 24 hour project cycle-utilising teams or contractors in other countries.
- Excellent negotiator and mediator.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
What can you expect from us?
- Join a purpose-driven organization: Join us in our mission of empowering people to build healthier financial lives by putting our users and transparency first.
- Work with a diverse, collaborative team: Our team of 250+ spans 6 markets is made up of talented individuals from diverse backgrounds both professionally and culturally. Join a team that acts like owners and wins together.
- Grow with a fast-moving start-up: Launched in 2014 and now reaching over 60 million users in Asia Pacific we move fast moving and set the highest standards to ensure we deliver on our mission. We are committed to supporting our team members develop personally and professionally as the organization grows.
Launched in 2014 and headquartered in Hong Kong, CompareAsiaGroup is Asia’s leading personal finance platform, reaching over 60 million users across six markets including Hong Kong (moneyhero.com.hk), Malaysia (CompareHero.my), the Philippines (Moneymax.ph), Singapore (SingSaver.com.sg), Taiwan (Money101.com.tw) and Thailand (MoneyGuru.co.th). CompareAsiaGroup helps people make better financial choices.
We achieve this through comprehensive, independent online comparison and education of over 1,000 financial products (including credit cards, personal loans, and insurance products). This is delivered through established relationships with more than 70 leading financial institutions across Asia Pacific. CompareAsiaGroup’s 250+ professionals are committed to delivering on the Group’s mission to empower people to build healthier financial lives.
The Group has raised more than US$100 million from investors including IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund, Goldman Sachs Investment Partners VC and Growth Equity, Experian, Pacific Century Group, Jardines, SBI Group, ACE & Company, Stem Financial Route 66 Ventures and H&Q Utrust.Learn more about how CompareAsiaGroup empowers people across Asia to build healthier financial lives at http://www.compareasiagroup.com/.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Asia as we revolutionize the financial and insurance industries through technology