Finance Operations Officer (Jr Accountant) – Insurance I Hong Kong
Launched in 2014 and headquartered in Hong Kong, CompareAsiaGroup is Asia’s leading personal finance platform, reaching over 60 million users across six markets including Hong Kong (MoneyHero.com.hk), Malaysia (CompareHero.my), the Philippines (Moneymax.ph), Singapore (SingSaver.com.sg), Taiwan (Money101.com.tw) and Thailand (MoneyGuru.co.th). CompareAsiaGroup helps people make better financial choices.
We achieve this through comprehensive, independent online comparison and education of over 1,000 financial products (including credit cards, personal loans, and insurance products). This is delivered through established relationships with more than 70 leading financial institutions across Asia Pacific. CompareAsiaGroup’s 250+ professionals are committed to delivering on the Group’s mission to empower people to build healthier financial lives.
The Group has raised more than US$100 million from investors including IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund, Goldman Sachs Investment Partners VC and Growth Equity, Experian, Pacific Century Group, Jardines, SBI Group, ACE & Company, Stem Financial Route 66 Ventures and H&Q Utrust.Learn more about how CompareAsiaGroup empowers people across Asia to build healthier financial lives at http://www.compareasiagroup.com/.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Asia as we revolutionize the financial and insurance industries through technology
We are looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented -Title- to join our finance team. Knowledge of general accounting and bookkeeping practices, as well as a strong work ethic, are required. If you are a proactive individual who loves challenges, is interested in the fintech industry and love meeting new people, you’ll fit right into our team.
- Handle daily accounting and finance operations including accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger
- Prepare bank reconciliation and payments
- Responsible for month-end closing
- Prepare management and financial reports
- Handle insurance premium and client account
- Liaise with insurance companies on premium payments and commission calculations
- Collaborate with the team on ad-hoc projects aimed at increasing efficiency across the business
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field preferred
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in basic accounting/bookkeeping practices and processes
- Computer knowledge and experience using Microsoft Suite (mainly Excel) and other accounting and data input software
- Proficiency in using Xero is an advantage
- Prior experience in the insurance (brokers) sector is preferred but not required
What can you expect from us?
- Join a fantastic team : Work with the top management of the company, with backgrounds from leading consulting, banking and start-up companies.
- Learn : Work with a team with a proven track-record of building successful internet companies.
- Have fun : A challenging, fun and international environment
- Grow : Great opportunities for further career advancements, either within the regional group or in one of our country teams