Finance & Operations Manager | Bangkok
CompareAsiaGroup is Asia’s leading financial management platform for banking, insurance, and telco products.
CompareAsiaGroup helps people across Asia save time and make better choices with comprehensive, free and independent online comparison tools for personal loans, credit cards, insurance and other home services. HQ in Hong Kong, CompareAsiaGroup is active in a total of seven Asian markets including Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand. The Group has established relationships over 100 leading financial institutions and employs more than 150 people across its markets. CompareAsiaGroup is backed by leading investors including IFC, Goldman Sachs, Alibaba Entreneurs Fund, SBI Group, ACE & Company, H&Q Asia Pacific and Nova Founders Capital.
In 2017, CompareAsiaGroup & MoneyHero.com.hk closed a US $50mm Series B, bringing total fundraising to more than US $90mm from investors including Goldman Sachs, the IFC (World Bank), Ace & Co., Alibaba & Jardine Pacific.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Asia as we revolutionize the financial industry by using technology.
Role and Responsibilities:
We are seeking a Finance & Operations Manager who will work directly with our Regional Management team in Hong Kong and local management in Thailand. Responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day management and responsibility of local operational support functions (i.e. finance, accounting, HR, legal/compliance, office management)
- Management of local finance and accounting function
- Expenses/payroll and cash management/projections
- Bookkeeping and expense allocation
- Audit, tax and statutory compliance
- Financial analyses to support management decisions
- Preparation of financial statements and management reporting packages
- Liaise with banks, auditors and regulatory agencies
- Support regional office on HR related topics
- Perform ad-hoc administrative support functions / office management tasks
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Accounting or equivalent
- Qualified accountant in Thailand
- At least 2-4 years of experience in audit, finance, accounting or tax functions
- Analytical, quantitative, systematic and organized
- Strong knowledge of Excel and finance/accounting software
- Fluent in Thai and English, both oral and written
- Knowledgeable of the local tax rules and statutory reporting requirements
- Independent, self-starter, with high level of energy and great interpersonal skills
- Eager to work in a highly dynamic and international environment, always strive for excellence and are a true team player
- Trustworthy and have a clean track record
- You have experience working with Xero business accounting software
- You have experience working at an international start-up company
Why working with us?
- Join a winning team: We are an experienced, high-caliber management team that previously built the largest Asian e-commerce businesses (Zalora, Lazada) and financial comparison market leaders around the world (Moneysupermarket, Comparis and Kelkoo) as well as has experience in top management consultancy, banking and insurance in Asia.
- Learn like you’ve never learned before and grow within a young company experiencing rapid growth.
- Work hard & play hard culture – A fast-pace, high intensity yet friendly working environment.
- Having an impact: Work shoulder to shoulder with everyone on the team, including the senior management team and get involved in making decisions.
- Be international: We are from over 20 different nationalities and have the passion to build, conquer and win.
- It’s a goal worth winning! – help build the #1 personal finance comparison site in Asia. Get the buzz from a team that has high ambition!
… because helping people is a feeling money can’t buy!
Please send us your résumé in English, examples of your best achievements or anything else that demonstrates your interest and ability.