We offer unique career opportunities to build the world’s fastest-growing financial platform
Engineer | Singapore
CompareAsiaGroup helps people across Asia save time and make better choices with comprehensive, free and independent online comparison tools for personal loans, credit cards, insurance and home services. Headquartered in Hong Kong, CompareAsiaGroup is active in seven Asian markets including Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand. The Group has established relationships with over 100 leading financial institutions and employs more than 200 people. CompareAsiaGroup has raised more than USD 90 million from leading investors including IFC (part of the World Bank Group), Goldman Sachs, Alibaba, SBI Group, ACE & Company, and H&Q Asia Pacific.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Asia as we revolutionize the financial and insurance industries through technology.
In an exciting, international and fast-paced work environment, you will be given challenging and diverse opportunities every day. You will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and fellow Engineers, collaborate on building a new, high calibre development team responsible for all core technology build out (all stack tiers) for the CompareAsiaGroup platforms to be deployed in markets across Asia.
- Contribute to the implementation of all core services and tech
- Share responsibility for recruiting core engineering staff as well as all external vendor relationships
- Collaborate on all key architecture decisions
- Engage with business stakeholders to ensure relevance of an evolving technology roadmap
- Hands-on programming and technical design skills with demonstrated willingness and capability to learn new technologies quickly
- Design, build, and deliver complex, successful web services and/or customer experiences efficiently and with quality
- Ability to clearly communicate technical details effectively across disciplines, locations, and organizations, including to senior leadership
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or similar
- Have a track record of designing, developing and implementing complex, low-latency, and preferably transaction-based/B2C, mobile applications and/or web services
- Exposure to financial and/or other regulated data environments desirable
- A broad range of exposure to modern persistence tech (relational, nosql, distributed cache)
- Experienced in modern cloud stacks (aws, azure…), container tech (docker, kubernetes) & devops with strong CI/CD mentality
- Exposure to machine learning / AI methodologies on complex and unstructured data sets desirable
- Experienced in mobile engineering, full-stack, back-end, architecture and infrastructure, web services and/or tooling
- Business level English fluency
- Collaborative by nature and outcome focused
- Passionate about experimenting with technology and honing their coding craft
What can you expect from us?
- Join a fantastic team: Work with the top management of the company, with backgrounds from leading consulting, banking and start-up companies (Riot Games, Google, Carousell, Grab, HSBC, Standard Chartered)
- Learn: Work with a team with a proven track-record of building successful internet companies
- Have fun: A challenging, fun and international environment
- Grow: Opportunities for further career advancements, either within the regional group or in one of our country teams