We offer unique career opportunities to build the Asia’s fastest-growing financial platform
Data Science Engineer
In an exciting, international and fast-paced work environment, you will be given challenging and diverse opportunities every day. You will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and fellow Engineers, collaborate on building a new, high caliber development team responsible for all core technology build out (all stack tiers) for the CompareAsiaGroup platforms to be deployed in markets across Asia.
- Helping to craft and implement the data infrastructure and analytical systems at Compare Asia Group
- Applying sound data engineering principles and innovative data science to improve the financial lives of our customers
- Supporting a data-driven culture by building democratic, self-service data management and analysis tools with data privacy and governance as primary design goals
- Engaging with data stakeholders (including application engineers, management teams, business analysts and data scientists) as a subject matter expert on data engineering practices and the application of data science to complex business problems
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- You will have an engineering mindset with deep familiarity with modern software engineering practices
- 5+ years professional experience developing high quality code in one or more of Java, Scala or Python
- 5+ years professional experience with data-wrangling and visualization with relational and non-relational databases
- Professional experience designing and implementing critical path data pipelines and scalable data lake architectures, ideally within a cloud platform
- Professional experience working across the data engineering and data science technology landscape such as Spark, Jupyter, Snowflake, Kubeflow and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Superset and Metabase
- Experience with the implementation and deployment of machine learning in the areas of customer lifetime value, marketing personalization and product recommendation
- Experience deploying predictive modeling and statistical analysis techniques to build end-to-end production-ready solutions with associated monitoring, quality control and metadata capture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated code implementation in a commercial environment
- Fluency in an Object Oriented language (preferably Java)
- Fast and Adaptive Learning
What can you expect from us?
- Join a purpose-driven organization: Join us in our mission of empowering people to build healthier financial lives by putting our users and transparency first.
- Work with a diverse, collaborative team: Our team of 250+ spans 6 markets is made up of talented individuals from diverse backgrounds both professionally and culturally. Join a team that acts like owners and wins together.
- Grow with a fast-moving start-up: Launched in 2014 and now reaching over 60 million users in Asia Pacific we move fast moving and set the highest standards to ensure we deliver on our mission. We are committed to supporting our team members develop personally and professionally as the organization grows.
Launched in 2014 and headquartered in Hong Kong, CompareAsiaGroup is Asia’s leading personal finance platform, reaching over 60 million users across six markets including Hong Kong (MoneyHero.com.hk), Malaysia (CompareHero.my), the Philippines (Moneymax.ph), Singapore (SingSaver.com.sg), Taiwan (Money101.com.tw) and Thailand (MoneyGuru.co.th). CompareAsiaGroup helps people make better financial choices.
We achieve this through comprehensive, independent online comparison and education of over 1,000 financial products (including credit cards, personal loans, and insurance products). This is delivered through established relationships with more than 70 leading financial institutions across Asia Pacific. CompareAsiaGroup’s 250+ professionals are committed to delivering on the Group’s mission to empower people to build healthier financial lives.
The Group has raised more than US$100 million from investors including IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund, Goldman Sachs Investment Partners VC and Growth Equity, Experian, Pacific Century Group, Jardines, SBI Group, ACE & Company, Stem Financial Route 66 Ventures and H&Q Utrust.Learn more about how CompareAsiaGroup empowers people across Asia to build healthier financial lives at http://www.compareasiagroup.com/.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Asia as we revolutionize the financial and insurance industries through technology