We offer unique career opportunities to build the Asia’s fastest-growing financial platform
Backend Developer (Mid)
In an exciting, international and fast-paced work environment, you will be given challenging and diverse opportunities every day. You will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and fellow Engineers, collaborate on building a new, high calibre development team responsible for all core technology build out (all stack tiers) for the CompareAsiaGroup platforms to be deployed in markets across Asia.
- Contribute to the implementation of all core backend services and tech
- Hands-on programming and technical design skills with demonstrated willingness and capability to learn new technologies quickly
- Design, build, and deliver complex web services and/or customer experiences efficiently and with quality
- Ability to clearly communicate technical details effectively across disciplines, locations, and organizations, including to leadership
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or similar
- Have a track record of being a significant contributor to the development and implementation of complex and preferably transaction-based/B2C, mobile applications and/or web services
- Exposure to financial and/or other regulated data environments desirable
- Expert in Java with good exposure to a wide range of popular frameworks and tools
- A broad range of exposure to modern persistence and messaging tech (relational, nosql, distributed cache, message bus)
- Experienced in modern cloud stacks (AWS, GCP, Azure), container tech (docker, kubernetes) & devops with strong CI/CD mentality
- Hand on experience with AWS desirable
- Exposure to data-engineering desirable
- Collaborative by nature and outcome focused
- Passionate about experimenting with technology and honing their coding craft
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Java as middle/back implementation language
- Distributed service / micro service architecture
What can you expect from us?
- Join a purpose-driven organization: Join us in our mission of empowering people to build healthier financial lives by putting our users and transparency first.
- Work with a diverse, collaborative team: Our team of 250+ spans 6 markets is made up of talented individuals from diverse backgrounds both professionally and culturally. Join a team that acts like owners and wins together.
- Grow with a fast-moving start-up: Launched in 2014 and now reaching over 60 million users in Asia Pacific we move fast moving and set the highest standards to ensure we deliver on our mission. We are committed to supporting our team members develop personally and professionally as the organization grows.
Launched in 2014 and headquartered in Hong Kong, CompareAsiaGroup is Asia’s leading personal finance platform, reaching over 60 million users across six markets including Hong Kong (MoneyHero.com.hk), Malaysia (CompareHero.my), the Philippines (Moneymax.ph), Singapore (SingSaver.com.sg), Taiwan (Money101.com.tw) and Thailand (MoneyGuru.co.th). CompareAsiaGroup helps people make better financial choices.
We achieve this through comprehensive, independent online comparison and education of over 1,000 financial products (including credit cards, personal loans, and insurance products). This is delivered through established relationships with more than 70 leading financial institutions across Asia Pacific. CompareAsiaGroup’s 250+ professionals are committed to delivering on the Group’s mission to empower people to build healthier financial lives.
The Group has raised more than US$100 million from investors including IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund, Goldman Sachs Investment Partners VC and Growth Equity, Experian, Pacific Century Group, Jardines, SBI Group, ACE & Company, Stem Financial Route 66 Ventures and H&Q Utrust.Learn more about how CompareAsiaGroup empowers people across Asia to build healthier financial lives at http://www.compareasiagroup.com/.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Asia as we revolutionize the financial and insurance industries through technology